Your browser does not support the audio element. Vietnam's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh on Wednesday expressed his grave concern over Chinese vessels' illegal movements in the East Vietnam Sea at a meeting in Thailand between foreign ministers of Southeast Asian nations and China. While attending the ASEAN-China Foreign Ministers' Meeting in the framework of the 52nd ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting (AMM-52) in Bangkok, Minh stressed that the Chinese survey ship Haiyang Dizhi 8 and its escorts' recent activities in the waters are a violation of Vietnam's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and Continental Shelf. The Chinese vessels have, since July 3, blatantly disrupted and interfered with Vietnam's economic activities through illegal actions in the areas near the Tu Chinh – Vung May (Vanguard Bank – Rifleman Bank) region in the East Vietnam Sea, according to updates on Twitter by Prof. Ryan Martison from the U.S. Naval War College. Hanoi has made repeated demands that Beijing withdraw its ships from the Vietnamese waters. Minh stressed to those in attendance at the meeting on Wednesday, in the presence of China's State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi, that such actions seriously threaten the legitimate rights of coastal… Read full this story
- China, Vietnam meeting canceled amid South China Sea tensions
- Trump's foreign policy smacks of isolationism and retreat, French FM says
- South China Sea militarization part of larger Chinese challenge to U.S. power
- ASEAN Agenda: Trade Tensions, Rohingyas and South China Sea
- China Rescue Vessel in Disputed Sea Described as Public Relations Move
- China On Its Way to Becoming Powerful Enough 'to Beat Any Military in the World,' U.S. Says
- China calls draft pact on sea feud a 'breakthrough' in talks
- China calls draft pact on territorial feud a 'breakthrough'
- Drilling ship leaves Vietnam oil block after China row
- Vietnam protests over Chinese military drill in South China Sea
At regional meeting, Vietnamese FM says China’s actions in East Vietnam Sea ‘erode trust’ have 316 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.