HEBRON, West Bank (AP) — When travelers shop at dozens of duty free stores at airports worldwide, they may be paying for more than a bottle of vodka or a box of chocolates. The Falic family of Florida, owners of the ubiquitous chain of Duty Free Americas shops, funds a generous and sometimes controversial philanthropic empire in Israel that runs through the corridors of power and stretches deep into the occupied West Bank. An Associated Press investigation shows that the family has donated at least $5.6 million to settler groups in the West Bank and east Jerusalem over the past decade, funding synagogues, schools and social services along with far-right causes considered extreme even in Israel. The Falics support the ultranationalist Jewish community in Hebron, whose members include several prominent followers of a late rabbi banned from Israeli politics for his racist views, and whose movement is outlawed by the U.S. as a terrorist organization. They back Jewish groups that covertly buy up Palestinian properties in east Jerusalem, and they helped fund an unauthorized settlement outpost in the West Bank. They have supported groups that are pushing for the establishment of a Third Temple for Jews at the holiest and… Read full this story
- Jailbreaking records: Envasi0n frees 7 million iOS devices in just four days
- The 10 most expensive divorce settlements in history total over $11 billion — here's who walked away with the most
- Israeli treatment of Palestinian teen included threats, coercion
- 1 Gazan killed, 146 hurt by Israeli fire in border protest
- Call of Duty WW2 down to cheapest price EVER with this discount code
- Fortnite beware! Call Of Duty will reveal Black Ops 4 details today
- [Giant Giveaway #1] Win A Free Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi For Doing Close To Nothing!
- Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day returns April 10
- Activision settles with Jason West, Vincent Zampella, and the Infinity Ward Employee Group in Call of Duty royalties dispute
- Kazaa Pays $100 Million, Vows to Go Legal
U.S. duty free owners give millions to Israeli settlements have 315 words, post on www.rep-am.com at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.