Nguyen Thanh Liem is former Director of the Vietnam National Children’s Hospital and currently Director of the Vinmec Research Institute of Stem Cell and Gene Technology. As a leading pediatric endoscopic surgeon, he was the first in Vietnam to perform a laparoscopic surgery on a child in 1997 and also the first to carry out kidney and liver transplantations in children’s hospitals of the country. He has invented nine new techniques and successfully developed and applied them to laparoscopic surgeries on children. Prof. Dr Nguyen Thanh Liem is currently Director of the Vinmec Research Institute of Stem Cell and Gene Technology In 2014, the scientist and his colleagues began researching into stem cell transplantation, a completely new field in Vietnam. He was also the first in the country to conduct stem cell transplants to treat cerebral palsy and autism. In late June 2019, the Human Mutation journal published the results of a research on the Vietnamese genome carried out by scientists at the Vinmec Research Institute of Stem Cell and Gene Technology. Liem was in charge of this research. For his notable medical contributions over more than 30 years, Liem was awarded the 23rd Nikkei Asia Prize for Science and… Read full this story
- PNNL's Joint Appointment Program Tops 100 with addition of John Eiler of Caltech
- Upcoming Westchase restaurant to focus on popular French-Vietnamese trend dish, croissant banh mi
- Vietnamese Fighting Back on Plastic Pollution
- Fort Indiantown Gap's role after the fall of Saigon: 100 Years of Heroes
- UConn research scientists issue warning on rare tick
- New fusion restaurant Lotus Asia House coming to Pointe Orlando
- Asian-Pacific Festival producing Taste of Asia downtown
- Asia’s Most Promising Brands 2018-19 to feature 100 Most Promising Asian Brands and leaders from 21 different countries.
- Top 100 Houston Restaurant suddenly closes: Say good bye to Kitchen 713
- This Boise scientist has more patents than Thomas Edison. Here’s how he’s done it.
Two Vietnamese among top 100 scientists in Asia have 314 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.