“In 2019, no one should have to forfeit the joy of raising their child,” Bravo host Andy Cohen told reporters in Albany on June 11th, “not in an era where modern medicine is performing new miracles every day.” Cohen, the father of a five-month-old son born through surrogacy, was in New York’s capital advocating for the passage of the Child-Parent Security Act (CPSA), a bill that would have legalized commercial gestational surrogacy in the state. Cohen is one of many celebrity parents who have recently made headlines for hiring a surrogate to carry a child. In May, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s fourth child Psalm was born via a surrogate. Psalm was the second of the couple’s children to be carried by a paid surrogate—a decision Kim announced after complications from placenta accreta. In January 2018, the couple’s third child, Chicago, was also born through the work of a surrogate. But Kim and Kanye aren’t the only celebrities who have employed gestational laborers: Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade’s daughter was born by surrogate late last year. Then there are gay parents like Cohen and Elton John who have both hired surrogates to expand their families. The sometimes breathless coverage of celebrities… Read full this story
- Explained: The new laws relating to surrogacy and assisted reproduction, and related challenges
- Dementia with Lewy bodies: The condition can impact your sleep - list of signs
- OnlyFans model who quit shaving to embrace body hair told she'll be 'single forever'
- What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- Can the body channel the mind?
- Delhi civic bodies set to be dissolved in five days
- Influencer says 'every body is a bikini body' as she flashes tum in beach wear
- Project to make local bodies part of climate change fight launched
- What no one tells new moms about what childbirth can do to their bodies
- Body dysmorphic disorder: Are surgeons too quick to nip and tuck?
Surrogacy Makes the Body a Worksite have 324 words, post on jezebel.com at July 25, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.