The promising future of a Florida high school football player and aspiring Marine was cut short last Friday when a suspected drunk driver took her life. Sophia Delott, 17, of Indian Rocks Beach, was riding her bike home on Indian Rocks Causeway Bridge when police said Neil Singhal, 69, swerved into the lane and hit her at around 10.30pm on June 28. The teenager was thrown off her bike and later died in hospital. Scroll down for video Sophia Delott, 17, of Indian Rocks Beach, was killed by a suspected drunk driver on June 28. She was the only female player on Seminole High School’s football team Delott was also an aspiring Marine. Her football coach arranged for a surprise visit by a Marine recruiter after practice last month to announce that the teen had enlisted The driver Neil Singhal, 69, has been charged with DUI manslaughter and is in jail Singhal was not injured, but ‘showed numerous indicators of impairment during field sobriety tests,’ according to the arrest report. Delott was well know at Seminole High School for being the only female player on the football team, something the ‘humble’ teen never wanted to make a fuss about, her coach said. ‘She… Read full this story
- Ute Insiders: Is Utah football team early favorite to win Pac-12 South title in 2019? (podcast)
- Jayme Closs suspect Jake Patterson was quiet, hoped to join Marines
- How “America’s Team” Became South Texas’s Team
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- I Drove Drunk And It Cost 6 People Their Lives. Here's How My Own Life Changed Forever.
- “I Did It for Cody”: Ben Crockett Leads McLean Football State Championship Win
- How does a boy’s life mean so much? An O.C. neighborhood can tell you
- Driver sentenced to 4-10 years in prison
- Photos: Navy SEALs killed in helicopter crash
- ‘Bike Life’: Saints' Teddy Bridgewater explains unique dance moves
Popular Florida girl, 17, who played on the boys' football team and wanted to join the Marines, is struck and killed by a suspected drunk driver while riding her bike have 309 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 5, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.