Hoi An (VNA) – The ancient city of Hoi An will organise a ‘lantern night’ in the streets of Wernigerode, its twin town in Germany as part of cultural cooperation between the two cities from August 23-25.
Craftspeople from Hoi An will also demonstrate lantern-making skills for visitors during the three-day cultural exchange event, while chefs will offer the traditional food of Hoi An.
Artists from Hoi An and Wernigerode will stage a joint performance during the lantern night festival.
Last year, German singer Rainer Hochmuth and the Webster Band performed at the German Beer festival in Hoi An.
Hoi An, a UNESCO-recognised World Heritage city, in cooperation with Wernigerode, provided a solar-powered system for public lighting as well as loudspeakers and lanterns last year.
Hoi An often hosts lantern night events during weekends. All restaurants, cafes and hotels are decorated with colourful lanterns.-VNA
- Colts showed world Indianapolis was NFL city on Monday Night Football
- Paul McCartney doing secret New York City concert Friday night
- Why was NFL Hall of Famer Terrell Owens back in Alexander City on Friday night?
- Germany Launches Year-Long Celebration Of U.S.-German Relations
- World War II a dusty journey for Oklahoma City man
- Burlington City Arts and Signal Kitchen Team Up to Replace First Night on New Year's Eve
- Houston's Eleanor Tinsley Park chosen for NBC Nightly News broadcast
- Golden State Warriors look spent, but come through on ring night
- Man shot, killed in OKC Friday night
- Police investigate Friday night homicide in northwest Oklahoma City