‘Drowning can happen in silence – without any splashing or screaming’ – HSE issues water safety tips Independent.ie Drowning can happen in silence – without any splashing or screaming. https://www.independent.ie/life/family/drowning-can-happen-in-silence-without-any-splashing-or-screaming-hse-issues-water-safety-tips-38282130.html https://www.independent.ie/incoming/article38282131.ece/2ac97/AUTOCROP/h342/water.jpg Email Drowning can happen in silence – without any splashing or screaming. This is the stark warning issued in the HSE’s new booklet My Child which has been released today. As children all over Ireland settle into their summer holidays, the HSE advises that children should never be left alone near, with or in water. Drowning is a leading cause of death in children, and can happen “in an instant and in a very small amount of water”, the HSE warns. And children who survive near-drowning frequently have long-term health effects from brain injury. Water safety tips for your children: Watch your child at all times as children can stray very quickly and fall into water. Always make sure your child is within your sight and arm’s reach. Water containers: Use protective covers and fence off water collecting containers. Watch your child at all times as they can wander very quickly. Fence off man-made ponds, garden streams and open water areas.Empty paddling pools immediately after use and store them… Read full this story
- Kasabian singer Tom Meighan breaks his silence after he was convicted of assaulting partner as he reveals hopes to rebuild his relationship and career
- EXCLUSIVE: Girlfriend of Romeo roofer who was jailed for crossing the Irish Sea on a JET SKI to see her calls him 'a legend', reveals 'besotted' pair are 'completely in love' and says: 'I just want him released for Christmas'
- Notes on the Syrian exodus: ‘Epic in scale, inconceivable until you witness it’
- A Search for the Nigerian Hero as Patriot
- Kate Grenville, Sofie Laguna, Julia Baird and others: the 20 best Australian books of 2020
- RIVERS BLOODY UNREST: ‘Police bullet still lodged inside my body’
- Could coronavirus trigger a sudden menopause years before your time? Scores of long-Covid sufferers share their stories of how they lost their motherhood almost overnight
- Girlfriend of Romeo Scottish roofer who was jailed for crossing the Irish Sea to the Isle of Man on a JET SKI to see her says she wants to marry him
- #BringBackOurGirls campaigners fight apathy and intimidation
'Drowning can happen in silence have 388 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.