Date created : 21/07/2019 – 17:28
Simon Yates of Britain posted a second stage win with a solo raid during the last Pyrenean trek of the Tour de France as Thibaut Pinot gained more time on his rivals in the fight for the yellow jersey on Sunday.
Yates triumphed at the summit of the Prat d’Albis in Stage 15, three days after his first stage victory in the southwestern mountain range.
Pinot crossed the finish line in second place, 33 seconds behind Yates, and moved to fourth overall according to provisional results.
Julian Alaphilippe cracked in the final of the four climbs on the program but salvaged his yellow jersey. Defending champion Geraint Thomas remained second in the general classification.
- Prince Charles starts 15th summer tour of Wales
- Rahm birdies final hole to win DP World Tour Championship
- Italian cyclist Masnada wins yellow jersey in nine-stage Tour of Hainan
- Carlsen set to win Grand Chess Tour final leg; Anand has another decent day
- Viswanathan Anand Has Another Decent Day, Magnus Carlsen Set to Win Grand Chess Tour Final Leg
- Edmond de Bergerac review – France's hectic answer to Shakespeare in Love
- Jack Whitehall: standing up for Cameron's Britain
- Nina Simone: 'Are you ready to burn buildings?'
- Debut standup comedy tour puts TV star Miranda Hart on the spot
- They’re coughing in the galleries at the Grand Chess Tour