0 Have your say The average house price in Scotland is predicted to rise by 14 per cent over the next four years to soar to £170,000 – so long as a no-deal Brexit is avoided. PricewaterhouseCoopers’ (PwC) latest UK Economic Outlook report, published today, also suggests Scotland is among the most affordable parts of the UK for private rental – despite the soaring levels faced by many tenants living in Edinburgh.The rental affordability ratio calculated by the company north of the Border – the percentage of gross income spent on rent – ranges between 15 and 22 per cent for key professions including police officers, social workers and teachers.The conventional benchmark determines that renting must cost less than 30 per cent of gross annual income for it to be considered affordable. But those figures will be little comfort to those looking to stay in the Scottish capital, where a previous report by ECA found Edinburgh to be in the top four most expensive cities in the UK to rent in, and among the top 50 in Europe.Homeowners, however, can look forward to their properties steadily rising in value, but only if the UK can manage to avoid a potential… Read full this story
- What does the average house price get you? We take a look at some very different homes for sale around the country for £260,000
- House prices fall but experts warn it's 'too early to predict the end of the boom'
- House prices: 'North/south divide' to return with prices set to drop in North and Midlands
- House prices not predicted to drop until summer 2022 in ‘difficult news’ for buyers
- House prices FALLING - New table pinpoints exactly how much they've gone down in YOUR area
- ‘You need greater buying power' - Property warning as UK house prices reach record high
- Downvaluations hit 400,000 as house prices rise - what it means for homeowners
- This survey could explain a key reason why house prices are surging the most in more than 30 years
- Queensland house prices 'through the roof' as Brisbane posts highest monthly increase in 14 years
- The epicentre of Britain's pandemic house price boom
Average house price in Scotland expected to soar in coming years have 340 words, post on www.scotsman.com at July 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.