More: Olympics Jake Gibb sets record as oldest man to win beach volleyball World Tour event Brittany Bowe extends unbeaten streak to open speed skating World Cup Mexico snatches Olympic baseball spot from U.S., which must now wait April Ross and Alix Klineman notched the biggest title of their two-year beach volleyball partnership and consolidated their lead in U.S. Olympic qualifying on Sunday. Ross, a two-time Olympic medalist, and Klineman, in her third beach season since switching from indoor, won an FIVB World Tour Major Series event in Gstaad, Switzerland. Major events carry the most Olympic qualifying points of any tournament outside the world championships. Ross and Klineman, who earned world champs silver a week ago, swept three-time Olympic champion Kerri Walsh Jennings and Brooke Sweat 21-17, 21-13 in Saturday’s quarterfinals. Then on Sunday, they swept Swiss Tanja Hüberli and Nina Betschart 22-20, 21-17 in the semifinals and rallied past Brazilians Maria Antonelli and Carol Salgado 15-21, 21-17, 15-12 in the final. Ross and Klineman have won four FIVB World Tour events since they began playing together at the start of the 2018 season. They’ve made at least the quarterfinals in their last 11 World Tour events. Ross and Walsh Jennings split in 2017, less than a year after taking bronze in… Read full this story
- Barnwell: Are the Dolphins really doing this? How they could tank ... and win
- BARCLAYS: Here are the 4 biggest risks to the Netflix story (NFLX)
- Morgan's Quest: Ross County teen takes title in lone state fair appearance
- The politics of feminism: An unlikely partnership
- The inside story of Nashville's surprise Amazon win
- The biggest challenge for every new coach in college basketball
- Michelle Obama takes Hillary Clinton's title as most admired woman in Gallup poll
- Live Music in Fort Myers, Cape Coral: Diana Ross, Righteous Brothers, Wailers, Air Supply, etc.
- Wrestling: Ramapo's Mike Simone earns statement win in BCCA tournament
- 2018: A year of wins and losses
April Ross, Alix Klineman win biggest title of their young partnership have 317 words, post on olympics.nbcsports.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.