National treasure Olivia Colman has scooped a CBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours. The royal gong caps an awards-littered few months for the actress, 45, who claimed an Oscar and Bafta for The Favourite earlier this year. There were OBEs for Oliver’s Army crooner Elvis Costello, chief scout Bear Grylls, and Good Wife star Cush Jumbo. Along with the famous names, the list also celebrates the efforts of those working to improve people’s lives. Of the 1,073 people honoured across the UK in this year’s list, 47% are women – slightly down on some previous lists. 10.4% come from a BAME background – the highest ever, by a small margin, in the Queen’s Birthday Honours. Olivia Colman Olivia Colman said she was “totally thrilled” and “humbled” to be made a CBE for services to drama. The Oscar-winner first found fame as Sophie, the girlfriend of David Mitchell’s neurotic Mark, in the British comedy Peep Show. She said in a statement to the Press Association: “I’m totally thrilled, delighted and humbled to be in the company of these incredible people, most of whom have been nowhere near as visible as I have, but should be – and hopefully now will be…. Read full this story
- Queen's Christmas Message praises 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things'
- The Queen will praise 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things' and Team GB athletes in her Christmas Day message
- Falklands heroes tear into The Crown: Two Royal Navy Commanders accuse Netflix of 'offensively misrepresenting' Queen's attitude to Argentine war
- The Queen’s ‘favourite film is Shirley Valentine’, the story of a bored, working-class housewife who runs off to Greece to find love, playwright claims
- Prince Harry sends his condolences on the 'sudden' death of his godmother Lady Celia Vestey, 71, who was a friend of the Queen and married to one of Britain's richest men - telling her three children they are 'in his thoughts'
- 'It was a massive day for me... and the world': V-Day hero grandmother, 90, who became first person to have Covid jab urges vaccine sceptics to get the injection after being discharged from hospital
- Give your favourite charities £1million in our fantastic giveaway for our 50th birthday
- Queen's dog 'dies during lockdown', leaving monarch with one remaining dorgi
- Captain Sir Tom Moore knighted by the Queen at Windsor Castle after saying if ‘I kneel down, I’ll never get up again!’
- We highlight the amazing charities who shared The Sun’s £1m Birthday Fund
Queen's Birthday Honours list 2019 in full - from Olivia Colman to unsung heroes have 401 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.