Ben Tre (VNA) – A wide range of fruits are on placed on display at the 18th safe and fresh fruit festival, which kicked off in Cho Lach district, the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre, on June 5.
The 5-day festival features 15 fruit booths and five food stalls. The highlight of the event is a fruit buffet area.
Many key products of Hung Khanh Trung B, Binh Thanh, Long Thoi, Hoa Nghia, Son Dinh, Vinh Binh and Phu Phung communes and Cho Lach town are also brought at the festival.
Contests of fruit and farm products, and a workshop on tourism development potential in Cho Lach and Ben Tre in general will be arranged in the framework of the festival.
Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Huu Lap said the festival helps promote exchange and experience sharing, and enhance supply-demand chains among enterprises, traders and farmers in and outside the province.
The event aims to find and select precious varieties of fruits and farm products, thus building orientations for economic development and production in the locality, he added.-VNA
- Hackney happy to play host to Virgin Sport Festival of Fitness once again in 2018
- Neasden community to host first free winter festival
- South Shields pub set to host its own rock festival
- Glasgow to host book festival dedicated to children this weekend
- Slam Dunk Festival 2018 line-up: Co-headliner announced for Hatfield
- Cheltenham racecourse: Home of the Cheltenham Festival – Keep on top of all the latest ticket news and how to get there
- Slam Dunk Festival 2018 second line-up announcement live on BBC Radio 1 Rock Show
- Raise a glass to Scotland’s first-ever Gin, Rum and Cocktail Festival
- Books by the Beach: Revealed: the page-turners who are appearing at festival
- Cabaret Voltaire's Stephen Mallinder presents The Tourist as part of The Unfilmables at Glasgow Film Festival