Vietnam won two silver medals at the the International Mind Sports Association World Masters Championship in Hengshui, Heibei, China, on Thursday. Lê Quang Liêm (left) receives his prize on podium of the World Masters Championship in Hengshu Grandmaster Lê Quang Liêm finished second in men’s rapid chess event, earning seven points with three wins and eight draws to be first runner-up. He secured 30.4 points for his world rapid chess ranking and US$13,000. The winner was Anton Korobov from Uknaine. Leinier Dominguez of the US came third. Liêm is also competing in blitz chess and sits 15th out of 16 competitors with four points. The final 11 matches will be held on May 18 before the closing ceremony of the World Masters Championship. Another silver went to Lê Thị Hoàng Yến who came second in the women’s xianqi (Chinese chess) event. Yến grabbed 11 points after seven matches. Yến and winner Tang Dan of the hosts (12 points) were the only two competitors who did not lose any games. Third place went to Dia Jan of the US who had eight points.
- Torres Wins Silver in 50 Freestyle
- Vietnamese weightlifter wins silver medal at World Championships
- Woods' Masters win has Nicklaus 'shaking in my boots'
- Computer (Chess) Pioneer Wins Prestigious Japan Prize
- Vietnamese acrobats win silver at Italian festival
- Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt, David Peralta win Silver Slugger awards
- Garden designer wins silver at Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- Fowlerville's Adam Coon wins silver medal in wrestling World Championships
- Third Space Brewing wins silver and bronze medals at the Great American Beer Festival
- St Albans team wins silver medal at BBC Gardener’s World
Vietnamese chess masters win silvers have 274 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.