The Vietnam Agricultural Trade Promotion Forum was held in Liaoning province, China, on May 20 with the participation of more than 100 Vietnamese and Chinese agricultural enterprises.
|At the forum – Photo: VOV|
Speaking at the forum, Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Tran Thanh Nam said that with over 1.4 billion people and a high demand for agricultural products, China is an important market for Vietnam. Vietnamese agricultural products and Vietnamese enterprises need to make good use of this large market.
At this forum, the two sides shared information on agricultural investment and the potential of developing agricultural trade between Vietnam and China.
In the context that Vietnam’s agricultural exports to China have decreased in the first four months of this year, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is cooperating with Vietnam Trade Office in China to create forums to connect businesses of the two countries in order to promote Vietnamese agricultural exports to the Chinese market in a stable manner.
In the coming time, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development will ask the Chinese side to accelerate the process of opening markets for Vietnamese fruits through commercial channels, including durian, passion fruit, avocado, grapefruit, and coconut.
- China's trade with BRI countries booms in 2019
- Vietnam enjoys advantages for raising grass-fed cattle
- Deputy PM Trinh Dinh Dung hosts Chinese Ambassador
- First Vietnam Market in Malaysia to open soon
- Việt Nam must be more active in exporting fruit
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 21
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 22
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 23
- Vietnam targets vegetable, fruit export value at USD 3 billion
- Thai enterprises making their mark across swathe of sectors