Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam Airlines on May 16 announced that it will add 600,000 seats on both domestic and international flights between June 1 and August 8, as travel demand skyrockets.
A total 7.5 million seats will be available during the period, with 4.8 million for domestic flights.
Some 2.7 million seats will serve international routes, with the highest increases of seats seen on those connecting Vietnam to Thailand, Japan and the Republic of Korea.
Several promotion programmes will also be launched.
With nearly 40 domestic and more than 50 foreign routes, Vietnam Airlines flies passengers to destinations across Vietnam, Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia, Europe and Australia.
In 2010, Vietnam Airlines became a member of SkyTeam – a global airline alliance whose 20 members provide access to an extensive global network of 16,609 daily flights to 1074 destinations in 177 countries.
In 2015, the carrier became the first airline in the world to operate both next-generation aircraft Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and Airbus A350-900 XWB at the same time.
The airline has spearheaded Vietnam’s aviation market – one of the fastest-growing domestic markets in the world – throughout its 20 years of development at double-digit annual growth. –VNA
- Vietnam Airlines adds domestic flights for summer season
- Vietnam Airlines adds 3,000 flights for summer
- Vietnam Airlines adds 54,000 seats to meet Tet travel demands
- Vietnam Airlines adds 2,700 flights to summer schedule
- Vietnam Airlines adds wide body planes to Singaporean and Thai routes
- Vietnam Airlines adds 54, 000 seats to meet Tet travel demands
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific serve nearly 1.6 mil passengers over Tet
- Vietnam Airlines adds four flights for ASIAD 18
- Vietnam Airlines add flights over Tet holiday