Authorities say one person has been killed and another is missing after an explosion destroyed a home in northeastern Pennsylvania
MOUNTAIN TOP, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say one person has been killed and another is missing after an explosion destroyed a home in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Another person was injured in the blast, which occurred just before 2 a.m. Friday in Dorrance.
Emergency responders found an injured adult man outside the home when they arrived. He told them his parents were still inside the home, and one body was found a short time later.
But the body was so badly burned, authorities say they don’t know if it was a man or a woman.
The injured man was taken to a hospital, but his name and further details on his injuries were not immediately disclosed.
The cause of the blast remains under investigation.
- Counting the cost of a catastrophe: 25 dead, thousands of homes lost and 7 million hectares burned out as fires raging across Australia could wipe $13BILLION off the economy
- Trucker in Indiana crash that left 3 dead, 14 hurt looked to set coffee mug down, plowed into traffic: police
- 2 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at church near Fort Worth, Texas
- Boyz N The Hood actor Jessie Lawrence Ferguson found dead at his home at the age of 77
- Six killed, six injured, 13-year-old missing after massive explosion at Tarapur chemical factory
- Author Bruce Pascoe 'hurt' after Peter Dutton's office refers Aboriginality complaint to AFP
- One dead, eight hurt in roof collapse in Uttam Nagar
- Philadelphia Police: Mother Of 5 Found Dead Inside Mayfair Home
- Columbine shooting survivor Austin Eubanks found dead in Colorado home
- Mandi: 1 dead , 7 hurt as car rolls down hill