Video PlayerClose CHICAGO, May 19 (Xinhua) — Eight-year-old Freya Dou kept dancing and swirling at an award-giving ceremony on Saturday afternoon in the western suburbs of Chicago, even the speech she was selected to give did not dampened her enthusiasm. She won the First Prize at the 7th Worldwide Chinese Youth Calligraphy and Art Contest, among the 15 prize winners from the U.S. Midwest. Dou’s award-winning painting portrayed the image of the Forbidden City after snow. Against the background color of red, the snow on glazed tile roof is eye-catching. Dou spent two months in creating the painting. Born in Beijing, she migrated to the United States with her parents at the age of five. But the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City, and the Beihai Park she had toured as a toddler have deeply printed into her mind. “I liked to draw when I was young. There were always a lot of interesting ideas and patterns in my head, and I want to express them out with brush and color,” Dou told Xinhua. Dou said there is an International Day at her school every year, when students of descents of different nationalities take on different national costumes. “I wear Han… Read full this story
- Vietnamese photographers win prizes in UK contest
- Boris Johnson says he owes everything to the NHS as he urges Brits to vote for their heroes in our Who Cares Wins Awards
- Student Art Contest Kicks Off: SunLine Transit Agency
- College Credits: Silet Wins Award At Ohio Wesleyan University
- Australia wins AI 'Eurovision Song Contest'
- Trump Is Not Going to Win a Personal Credibility Contest With James Comey
- Think you can't paint? Think again, says Andrew Marr: Veteran broadcaster discusses the joys of art as he's unveiled as head judge of the Britain In Spring painting competition
- Hirst goes virtual and Banksy creates a caped crusader – the week in art
- Alpharetta Senior Wins GA PTA's Reflections in Music Composition
- Portrait: African journalists honored with DW Freedom of Speech Award
15 youths from U.S. Midwest win awards at calligraphy, art contest have 330 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.