WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange faces US extradition after embassy arrest BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Julian Assange faces extradition to the US after he was arrested and forcibly removed from the Ecuadorian embassy in London almost seven years after he sought refuge there. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-faces-us-extradition-after-embassy-arrest-38005436.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article38005430.ece/de58a/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_d06c3814-762f-43aa-82d6-dd96158cb50b_embedded242270416 Email Julian Assange faces extradition to the US after he was arrested and forcibly removed from the Ecuadorian embassy in London almost seven years after he sought refuge there. Police detained the WikiLeaks founder after the Ecuadorian government withdrew his asylum, blaming his “repeated violations” of “international conventions and daily-life protocols”. Scotland Yard said in a statement that Assange was held for failing to appear in court in June 2012 and “further arrested on behalf of the United States authorities, at 10.53am after his arrival at a central London police station”. In a statement, the Home Office said: “We can confirm that Julian Assange was arrested in relation to a provisional extradition request from the United States of America. “He is accused in the United States of America computer related offences.” In a tweet, Assange’s lawyer Jennifer Robinson also said he had been “arrested not just for breach of bail conditions but also in relation to a US extradition… Read full this story
- Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Charged With Espionage by U.S.
- Julian Assange leaves Ecuadorian Embassy in London after six years
- Ecuador Claims It's Been Hit With 40 Million Cyberattacks Since Giving Up Julian Assange
- Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador cuts ties with WikiLeaks founder
- Julian Assange Arrested in London: Here Are 5 Facts About Wikileaks' White Walker
- WikiLeaks founder sought Russian visa in 2010, per AP report
- Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador withdraws political asylum status
- Assange Charges Finally Reveal Why Chelsea Manning Is Sitting in Jail
- The case against Julian Assange is serious — but smaller and shakier than some people feared
- Julian Assange arrested after Ecuador withdraws political asylum status, charged by DOJ
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange faces US extradition after embassy arrest have 340 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.