Two people were killed and another injured at around 5am on Thursday (April 18) after a truck collided with a crane truck on Vo Tran Chi Street in HCM City’s Binh Chanh District, according to district police.
After the crane truck, which was travelling on Vo Tran Chi Street, broke down near the Cho Dem Bridge in the district, the driver stopped the truck in the lane closest to the median for inspection.
While the driver and his assistant were making a repair, another truck travelling in the same direction struck the crane truck. The impact killed the drivers of the two trucks, Ngo Trieu Men, 27, from Ca Mau Province, and Nguyen Thanh Cong, 31, from Vinh Long Province.
The assistant of the crane truck suffered minor injuries after being thrown over the median.
The accident, which seriously damaged both vehicles, caused traffic congestion on Vo Tran Chi Street.
Soon after the accident occurred, Binh Chanh District police quickly appeared at the scene, guiding other vehicles to cross the road to reduce traffic congestion.
- Drink, drugs are main causes of traffic accidents: Deputy PM
- HCM City seeks to become logistics hub
- HCM City seeks to reduce vehicle emissions
- One dead, six unconscious after power generator incident in HCM City
- Doing their civic duty: HCM City residents donate land to widen alleys
- HCM City’s authorities meet British firms to tackle business difficulties
- HCM City's District 3: 18th coolest neighbourhood in the world
- HCM City expects stronger economic ties with UAE
- HCM City apologises to local residents for shortcomings at Thủ Thiêm project
- HCM City adds facilities to hospitals to cope with overcrowding