A drink and drug-addled shoplifter armed with a knife branded a shop worker a “Jihadi” when challenged. Stephen Priddis made a terrifying threat after handing back a bottle of alcohol he stole from Sainsbury’s on Gloucester Road. The store’s CCTV camera captured the moment when he turned towards Reeta Tak at the exit and blasted: “I know where you live. “Don’t take me lightly. “You are Jihadi, I know people who will kill you.” He then made a throat cutting gesture. Priddis, 39, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated harassment, theft and possessing a blade. Judge Mark Horton jailed him for 21 months. He told Priddis: “You have a persistent, recurrent history of committing identical offences to those committed in this case. “You were under the influence of alcohol and drugs. “It did cause distress to the victim.” Neil Treharne, prosecuting, said Priddis entered the store at 8.40am on February 6, placed a bottle of alcohol in his jacket and headed for the exit. When duty manager William Price challenged him, Priddis handed over the bottle and was acting “scatty, rambling and not making any sense”, Mr Treharne said. He then pulled a stainless steel table knife… Read full this story
- One Stop left 'shocked and saddened' by shop worker's death as Sunderland murder probe continues
- BREAKING NEWS: Worker injured in armed robbery at South Wootton shop
- Neighbours left shocked by blaze which destroyed Portsmouth house
- Worker left brain-damaged after fall at Devon industrial unit
- Dundee trains affected as rail workers left with ‘no choice’ but take industrial action
- Derbyshire man left shocked after small plane crashes into his back garden
- Sainsbury’s worker reveals what staff REALLY want to say to customers
- Shock as three Bristol cake and coffee shops at threat over 'potential fraud'
- The brutal truth Sainsbury's workers are desperate to tell customers
- Sainsbury's worker spills beans on what staff really want to say to customers
Sainsbury's worker left shocked after armed shoplifter branded her a "Jihadi" have 321 words, post on www.bristolpost.co.uk at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.