Former Vice President Joe Biden earned the endorsement of the powerful firefighters union ahead of his first formal campaign stop here on Monday and the wrath of President Donald Trump, who claimed the love of the members even without the seal of approval from its leadership. Biden’s first stop is on friendly-territory: a native of Scranton he’s long identified with the people of Pennsylvania and with the blue-collar voters of the Rust Belt who are the back bones of unions. He’ll speak to supporters at a union hall in the neighborhood of Lawrenceville, which has seen an economic resurgence in recent years. Those blue-collar voters are the same ones who helped Trump win the White House three years ago and Biden will kick off his plan to win them over with a speech focused on the economy and middle class. Former Vice President Joe Biden earned the endorsement of the powerful firefighters union Setting him off to a strong start is an endorsement from the International Association of Firefighter (IAFF), a powerful union who sat out the 2016 presidential race. Union president Harold Schaitberger praised Biden as an advocate for the middle class. ‘Joe’s a lot like our firefighters. He’s a problem solver who… Read full this story
- ‘Organized Mob’: Activist Group that Disrupted GOP Events Says They’re ‘Engaged’ with Joe Biden’s Campaign
- Teamsters Unionize Joe Biden Field Staff, ‘Guarantee’ $15/Hour Wage
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Joe Biden says Donald Trump should be impeached
- Biden's campaign rushes to blunt Trump's digital advantage
- South Carolina Win Gives Joe Biden a $hot in the Arm
- Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal endorses Joe Biden for president
- Poll: Six in 10 voters approve of Hillary Clinton's endorsement of Joe Biden
- Bernie Sanders endorses Joe Biden for president: "We need you in the White House"
- Joe Biden needs black voters to win the presidency. And Covid-19 is making them even harder to reach
- Latinx activists want Joe Biden to pick a Latina as his VP
Joe Biden hits the campaign trail for the first time in Pittsburgh with endorsement of firefighters' union have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.