They’re the elections that were never meant to happen. On Thursday 23 May, millions of Brits will go to the polls in the European Parliament elections – two months after we were supposed to leave the EU. The drama around Brexit has encouraged many larger-than-life characters to come out of the woodwork and stand for the 70 British seats up for grabs. Those who win will enjoy an MEP’s salary of 105,092 Euros per year plus generous travel and office allowances – until Brexit happens, and they’re booted out of the Parliaement. So who is standing and who will you get to pick from in your area? Here are some of the big faces putting themselves forward, plus full lists of who is standing where. Scroll down for the full list by area. How do the elections work? On Thursday 23 May, millions of British voters will elect 70 MEPs to sit in the European Parliament – until Brexit happens. The elections were not meant to happen but have been forced on the UK after Theresa May agreed to delay Brexit until October 31. Voting is divided into large regions of the country, with each selecting between 3 and 10… Read full this story
- 'You're not credible!' Corbyn condemned by one of his OWN shadow cabinet as his allies claim disastrous election results 'remarkable success' despite council losses and worst Scottish showing in a century
- London mayoral race: Conservative candidate profiles
- A new dawn: Boris Johnson will say that Brexit is 'not an end, but a beginning' while hailing a new era and promising to transform neglected regions of Britain - as the nation leaves EU at 11pm TONIGHT
- London mayoral election: Shaun Bailey chosen as Conservative candidate
- Who is Theresa May: A profile of UK's new prime minister
- Wednesday briefing: A super Tuesday for Joe Biden
Full list of EU election candidates in your area have 295 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.