By Alex Boutilier Ottawa Bureau Mon., April 29, 2019 OTTAWA—The federal Conservative party has yet to decide whether it will remain committed to the climate-change targets set out in the Paris Agreement, the Star has learned. Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer was expected to reveal the party’s climate change and environment policy last week, but delayed that announcement to potentially as late as June. It remains an open question within the party whether or not the plan will commit a future Conservative government to the targets set out in the Paris Accord, an ambitious international agreement aimed at limiting global warming. In a statement, Scheer’s office said the policy is in “its final stages” and that they will “always be open to new ideas” to fight climate change. When asked if that policy would be based on a commitment to the Paris targets, Scheer’s office said only that their environmental plan will lower emissions. Article Continued Below “The Liberals’ carbon tax will not meet the targets set out in the Paris Agreement,” wrote Brock Harrison, Scheer’s director of communications, in response to the Star’s questions. “Conservatives believe that climate change is a global problem requiring a global solution, as laid out… Read full this story
- Labour will push for tougher climate change targets, says Caroline Flint
- 'Not moving fast enough': former head of Scott Morrison's department criticises climate change policies
- In climate change fight, few global cities get an "A"
- China ratifies Paris climate change agreement ahead of G20
- Climate change 'will inflict substantial damage on US lives'
- Scott Morrison rules out changes to government’s climate change policies amid bushfire crisis
- Climate Change Town Halls: Here's Where the 2020 Candidates Stand
- Climate change student strike inspired by politically correct teaching, academic says
- Climate change: at last a breakthrough to our catastrophic political impasse?
- In a scary world, the biggest worry has to be climate change
Federal Conservatives undecided on Paris Agreement climate-change targets have 312 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.