DONALD Trump has reportedly axed Secret Service Director Randolph ‘Tex’ Alles amid a massive shake-up in US Homeland Security. Three other top officials also quit on Monday hours after department secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was ousted after clashing with the President over illegal immigrants. Trump has selected James Murray to lead the Secret Service agency and he is expected to assume the role next month. Alles’ departure stems from a personality conflict within the agency, three officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. The officials claimed it was unrelated to the resignation of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and a recent security breach at the president’s private club in Florida. But it comes amid a huge turnover across DHS that began last week when Trump withdrew his Immigration and Customs Enforcement director’s nomination to stay on permanently. US Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Lee Cissna is also leaving, according to CBS News. So are DHS undersecretary for management Claire Grady and general counsel John Mitnick. LATEST CASUALTY Alles, a former Marine general who had no prior ties to the Secret Service, was recommended to the post by former White House chief of staff John Kelly. He had been the acting… Read full this story
- Donald Trump's homeland security secretary 'nearly quit' after president berated her
- Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump’s frequent travel, large family
- Trump fired Comey because he refused to assure the President FBI's Russia Probe was not targeting him, says Rudy Guiliani
- Donald Trump’s murky past is catching up with him
- Donald Trump had 'no idea' his personal attorney was selling White House insight, Rudy Giuliani claims
- John McCain says he 'doesn’t want Donald Trump at his funeral'
- Donald Trump threatens to 'take away media's credentials' over negative news stories about him
- EU president tears into Donald Trump, warning US president is bad friend who acts with 'capricious assertiveness'
- Donald Trump faked phone call on book going to number during SNL, cast member claims
- Donald Trump rolls back Obama law designed to prevent another credit crunch
Donald Trump ‘fires’ Secret Service director Randolph ‘Tex’ Alles and three more top officials ‘quit’ after Kirstjen Nielsen ousted have 340 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.