Russia is witnessing an anti-vaccination propaganda wave of alarming proportions and it poses a serious public health threat, the Health Ministry has warned, as it put forward a bill that would ban public calls against vaccines. The sheer number and variety of anti-vaccination websites, social media groups, religious sects and even some media have become a conduit to “unreliable” information that “undermines public trust in vaccination” and thus renders the preventive immunization measures ineffective, deputy health minister Tatiana Yakovleva said in a statement. The scale of the problem has now prompted Russian health authorities to draft a bill that would ban any public calls on people to avoid vaccination. Also on rt.com New York county bars unvaccinated minors from public places amid measles outbreak The draft legislation envisages punishment for those violating the ban, although the nature of the punitive measures is yet unknown. The ministry’s initiative has already received support from the Russian consumer watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor, which has also expressed its concerns about the “global rise of the anti-vaxxers’ lobby.” The Russian watchdog dismissed anti-vaxxers’ fears –about the supposed harm of vaccination– as generally biased and subjective. The opponents of vaccination accuse governments of siding with the big pharma… Read full this story
- Robert Pitofsky, Champion of Consumer Protection, Dies at 88
- Could A Food Scanner Change How We Understand Diet and Health?
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims he’s vindicated in Russia probe
- A risky but profitable market for the brave
- Romualdez, shoo-in for the speakership
- AP FACT CHECK: Prosecutors’ filings do not exonerate Trump
- China sacks top official over vaccine scandal, firm may de-list
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims innocence in probe; wall myths
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 24/1
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 9/9
Crusade against anti-vaxxers: Russian Health ministry & consumer rights watchdog lead the charge have 280 words, post on www.rt.com at April 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.