A week into the new era at Disney following the completion of the Fox asset acquisition, the company’s new top TV executive, Walt Disney Television chairman Peter Rice, addressed the combined company’s TV troops in a town hall meeting on the Disney lot, which was live streamed to all employees from Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, across the ABC owned TV stations and beyond. Related Fox Sets Premiere Dates For ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, ‘MasterChef’, ‘Beat Shazam’ & New ‘Spin The Wheel’ As we reported, outside of TV distribution (domestic and international), which was expected to undergo reductions to eliminate redundancies, the combined Disney-Fox TV operations had been largely spared of layoffs, with the 20th Century Fox TV, Fox 21 TV Studios and ABC Studios teams left intact so far. That was in stark contrast to the exodus of high-profile Fox movie executives last week. The lack of post-merger cuts has helped with moral among the TV ranks but it also has heightened anxiety over when and how the TV layoffs will be implemented. Naturally, Rice was asked to address that. He reportedly said that there were no plans for wide-scale layoffs on the TV side. He acknowledged… Read full this story
- Take a peek under the bonnet, as this is a Valentine's Day cracker: BRIAN VINER reviews new movie version of Emma
- What’s on TV Tuesday, Feb. 18: ‘Frontline: Amazon Empire: The Rise and Reign of Jeff Bezos’ on PBS
- FMIA: Patrick Mahomes Is ‘The Whole Package,’ Running Chiefs Into Super Bowl LIV To Meet 49ers
- Facing The New Decade: Letter to young Nigerians by Prof Yemi Osinbajo
- The great vape debate: are e-cigarettes saving smokers or creating new addicts?
- The 50 best movies on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now
- Broadcast Networks End Of 2018 Scorecard & Look Ahead To Midseason
- The 50 best shows on Netflix right now
- Game of Thrones is back! One billion tune in from around the globe for season eight premiere as Jon Snow FINALLY learns the truth about his parents and Daenerys arrives in Winterfell
New Disney TV Chief Peter Rice Charms Employees, Promises No Wide-Scale Layoffs At Town Hall have 340 words, post on deadline.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.