Jussie Smollett said goodbye to Chicago on Wednesday, a day after prosecutors announced they were dropping charges against him for allegedly staging a hate crime against himself in January. The Empire actor, 36, was photographed at O’Hare International Airport, heading to a departing flight. In the images obtained by the Daily Mail, he wore a long black overcoat, gray scarf, black flat bill hat, and aviator sunglasses. Smollett also carried a navy duffel bag. Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Behind him, Smollett left a city at odds over the state’s attorney’s decision to abandon their criminal case and forego a trial, which the office previously explained in a statement obtained by PEOPLE had been made considering factors including Smollett’s willingness to forfeit a $10,000 bond to the City of Chicago as well as voluntary community service the actor had performed since he was charged. RELATED: What’s Next for Jussie Smollett — and Why He Isn’t Exonerated for Staging Alleged Hate Crime RELATED: Police, Mayor Slam Decision to Drop Charges Against Jussie Smollett: ‘Whitewash of Justice’ Both Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel and Chicago… Read full this story
- Jussie Smollett Indicted Over False Hate Crime Attack By Special Prosecutor; Ex-‘Empire’ Star Back To Court
- Jussie Smollett Rejected By Illinois Supreme Court In Bid To Halt New Indictments Over Fake Hate Crime – Update
- Jussie Smollett Should Be “Brought Back” For ‘Empire’s Next Season, Taraji P Henson & Terrence Howard Tell Disney, Fox
- Jussie Smollett Fails To Get City Of Chicago’s Lawsuit Against Him Dismissed – Update
- EXCLUSIVE: Star witness in Trump's 'voter fraud' case in Michigan used to strip at Sopranos-inspired club named the Bada Bing, which was shut down after four men - including the manager - were charged with torturing victim in basement
- Man, 22, is charged with murder for 'shooting dead Chicago rapper King Von, 26, in gunfight outside Atlanta hookah lounge'
- Jerry Harris Allegedly Victimized ‘at Least 5 to 10 Children’
- REVEALED: Rudy Giuliani's star witness in Trump 'voter fraud' hearing was charged with harassing her fiance's ex-wife by sending her graphic sex tapes via anonymous email
- Rudy Giuliani has asked Donald Trump about receiving a pre-emptive pardon before he leaves office - while claiming he can secure him a second term by overturning election results
- Trump demands to join legal bid by Texas AG to overturn his defeat at SCOTUS as Ted Cruz agrees to argue the case with Kamala 'birther' theorist lawyer and Mellissa Carone as star witness
Jussie Smollett Photographed Leaving Chicago After Charges Dropped in Alleged Hate Crime Case have 421 words, post on people.com at March 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.