Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan on March 12 conducted a field trip to inspect the progress of the flood prevention project in the city. HCM City leaders on March 12 check the progress of the Tan Thuan sewage system, a flood-prevention project in District 7. (Photo: NDO/Quy Hien) He urged the parties concerned to make every effort to put the first phase of the project, worth nearly VND10 trillion (US$430.8 million), into operation in late 2019. “This project plays a very important role in preventing flooding in a 570sq.m central area and along the Saigon River, an area with 6.5 million people,” Nhan said. He asked six districts to speed up compensation and site clearance so that land can be handed over to the investor – Nam Trung Group before the end of June. Six tide-control gates at Ben Nghe, Tan Thuan, Phu Xuan, Muong Chuoi, Cay Kho and Phu Dinh, as well as flood control dykes, are being built in Districts 1, 4, 7, 8, Binh Chanh and Nha Be. Begun in 2016, the project resumed in February after being suspended in April last year. Nguyen Tam Tien, CEO of Trung Nam… Read full this story
- HCM City metro project scheduled for pilot operation in June
- Science park to kick start HCM City innovation
- HCM City condo market faces challenges in 2020: experts
- Novaland reports nearly VND3.4 trillion profit in 2019
- Vietnam’s health sector in 2019: achievements and drawbacks
- HDBank records over $216 million profit in 2019
- Amazon joins $1 trillion club with Apple, Microsoft after robust Q4 results
- More than 200 Central American migrants escape from detention facility in Mexico after crossing the border from Guatemala - while troops trap hundreds more in 'no man's land' on river banks as caravan tries to make its way to the U.S.
- Amazon says no plans for Fremont operation, but city documents say otherwise
- Welcome to Sydney, the city that always sleeps: Photos reveal how strict anti-fun lockout laws have transformed its once vibrant nightlife into a deserted ghost town
HCM City: VND10 trillion anti-flood facility to be operational late 2019 have 326 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.