Da Nang (VNA) – The Da Nang Museum will host the Japan Culture Festival on March 10, introducing a series of traditional cultural activities and performances from Japan to local residents and tourists.
The museum said the event would see the Japanese community in Da Nang and Hoi An cities demonstrating Japanese tea making, origami, calligraphy, cooking and folk games in the morning of March 10.
Visitors will be able to try on traditional Japanese costumes, while a flashmob will be staged in the evening of the one-day event.
The Japan Culture Festival will open from 8.30am at 24 Tran Phu street.
The central city of Da Nang has become a favourite site for the annual Vietnam-Japan Culture Exchange since 2012.
More than 127 Japanese businesses are operating in Da Nang, while 37 Japanese restaurants have opened in the city. Japan plans to open a Consulate in Da Nang as a way to boost tourism and exchanges between Japan and the central city in the future.
More than 300,000 Japanese tourists, the second largest foreign group, visited the city in 2018.-VNA
- Christmas: Top five festive cities to spend Christmas
- World Cup adventure the tip of Japan's cricket iceberg
- Japan confirms second case of Wuhan virus: health ministry
- Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
- Sundance Film Festival: A Taylor Swift doc and more day one highlights
- Incredible deals, a chance to win AED 200,000, dazzling sky fireworks: Dubai is a must-visit during the shopping festival
- Vir Das on his new Netflix special, ‘For India’: Time to come home
- 'Tukde-tukde Gang in Bollywood': UP Minister Reacts to Nandita Das' Remark on Anti-CAA Stir in Shaheen Bagh
- Manto would have been appalled that nothing has changed 70 years later: Nandita Das
- Brad Pitt looks handsome as he is honored at the Santa Barbara Film Festival... after Jennifer Aniston reunion