Boeing Co. said it is investigating a racial incident that took place at its 787 Dreamliner campus in North Charleston.A foot-long noose made out of nylon material was found hanging in the plant’s aft-body building on Thursday. There was no note or any other material with the noose.”I am saddened and angered that a racially-charged symbol was discovered on site,” Brad Zaback, vice president and general manager of the 787 program, told employees in a statement distributed Thursday. “Diversity and inclusion are core to Boeing’s enduring values, and there is absolutely no place for racism and these cowardly acts in society and especially in our company.”Zaback said the company has “launched a thorough investigation and will take all appropriate and necessary action” against those responsible for the incident.”We will work through this, and I appreciate all of you looking out for each other,” he said in the letter to employees.Boeing is one of the Charleston region’s largest employers, with about 7,300 workers contractors. The company has more than 600 Dreamliners in its production backlog, including 173 orders for the 787-10 — the biggest and newest member of the program that’s built exclusively in North Charleston.
- Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening
- How life in fast lane took Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page and Robert Plant back to nature
- Donald Trump says the US will bill China MORE than $160BILLION for coronavirus damage as he claims country could have stopped the spread sooner
- Coronavirus: Germany eases COVID-19 restrictions on playgrounds, churches
- Coronavirus live updates: Navy to widen probe of aircraft carrier with virus outbreak
- The Kink in Elon Musk’s Hyperloop
- Pokémon Go Community Day: April time and date, plus all previous Community Day Pokémon and moves listed
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House delays Washington return; McConnell nixes infrastructure from COVID relief bill
- Earth’s last undersea lab is a proving ground for future astronauts
- Coronavirus live updates: Fauci calls drug trial from Bay Area company ‘highly significant’
Boeing investigating after foot-long noose found hanging in North Charleston plant have 336 words, post on www.postandcourier.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.