By Khadeeja Safdar WSJ Tues., March 26, 2019 A day after being charged with attempted extortion, attorney Michael Avenatti continued to press his case against Nike Inc., taking to Twitter Tuesday morning to publicize his claims that the sneaker giant made payments to amateur basketball players and their families. Mr. Avenatti was arrested Monday and charged with attempting to extort more than $20 million from Nike, as well as bank fraud in another case. He was released on bond late Monday. Mr. Avenatti seized the spotlight last year as a lawyer for former adult-film actress Stephanie Clifford, known professionally as Stormy Daniels. On Tuesday, Mr. Avenatti wrote on Twitter that “we never attempted to extort Nike & when the evidence is disclosed, the public will learn the truth about Nike’s crime & coverup.” Mr. Avenatti alleged in a series of tweets that people close to Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton, the No. 1 pick in last year’s NBA draft, and University of Oregon player Bol Bol, the son of a former NBA star, both received sums from Nike. “The receipts are clear as day,” he wrote. “A lot of people at Nike will have to account for their criminal conduct.”… Read full this story
- How to Pick the Best MBA Program
- REVEALED: Lebron James 'grilled NBA boss Adam Silver during closed-door meeting on possible punishments for Rockets GM over Hong Kong tweet' - and now the Lakers star is being accused by Ted Cruz of 'embracing Chinese government propaganda'
- Technical foul: Chinese traders in online sneaker market punish NBA after HK controversy
- Technical foul: Chinese traders in online sneaker market punish NBA after Hong Kong controversy
- LeBron James enters spotlight as NBA-China rift continues
- Protesters Come Out for Pro-Democracy NBA Exec Morey: ‘Hong Kong Lives Also Matter’
- The Charm of NBA Jerseys
- 2009 NBA Mock Draft - Version 1.0
- Atlanta businessman spared prison in college hoops scandal
- NBA Draft - Tyler Hansbrough Has Something You Don't Find Everyday
Avenatti Claims Nike Paid Top NBA Pick, Other College Players have 318 words, post on www.thestar.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.