HCM City (VNA) – Vietnamese expats from Laos and Thailand gathered in Ho Chi Minh City on February 17 for the annual Lunar New Year meeting.
Hoang Ngoc Hung, head of the Liaison Board for Vietnamese in Laos and Thailand – Ho Chi Minh City, said in 2018, the board set up and consolidated ties with competent municipal agencies as well as the Lao and Thai consulate generals in the city to organise various activities, contributing to the locality’s people-to-people diplomacy.
The board will make greater efforts in the work, contributing to enhancing the friendship between people of Ho Chi Minh City and Laos and Thailand, as well as the fruitful relations between Vietnam and the two countries.
Champheng Sengmani, Lao Acting Consul General in HCM City, said the Party, Government and people of Laos highly valued marked contributions of Vietnamese to the revolutionary cause and national construction in the host country.
Thailand’s Acting Consul General in HCM City Natthapol Na Songkhla, stressed that his country has attached importance to cultural and social ties between people of Thailand and Vietnam and Laos.
The Thai Consulate General will continue its close coordination with the Association for Liaison with Overseas Vietnamese – HCM City, and competent municipal agencies to carry out friendly programmes and activities, he said.-VNA
- Coronavirus: Thousands queue for face masks in HCM City
- HCM City: The Factory hosts two art exhibitions
- HCM City launches 3rd International Dragon Dance festival
- Coach Chi inspires HCM City women's team to new heights
- Many HCM City universities offer programmes in English
- HCM City drama troupes eye more musical productions
- HCM City FC riding high under South Korean coach
- HCM City negotiate deal for Lee Nguyen
- HCM City scales up smart city development project to all districts
- Trade centre with high-class Japanese goods opens in HCM City