Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh offers incense at the festival (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh beat the drum and offered incense at the opening of the Hai Ba Trung (Trung Sisters) Temple Festival in Hanoi’s outlying district of Me Linh on February 10 (the sixth day of the Lunar New Year). After defeating the invaders, Trung Trac became King. Three years later, the Han army returned and defeated the Trung Sisters and their army, after which the sisters killed themselves by jumping into the Hat Giang River. The uprising has gone down in Vietnamese history as a demonstration of the nation’s strength and patriotism, as well as the crucial role of Vietnamese women in national construction and defence. On February 9, 2018, the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism signed a decision recognising the festival as a national intangible cultural heritage.
- Her pals still talk of Hillary Clinton for vice president
- President of Rwanda commemorates 25th anniversary of the genocide
- Grief-stricken Vice President Joe Biden mourns son Beau, 46, in service at Delaware Capitol
- Beau Biden, son of Vice President Joe Biden, dies at age 46 of brain cancer
- Vice President Biden personally greets thousands of mourners for six hours as they say goodbye to his son Beau
- Vice President Joe Biden's mom, Jean, dies at 92 after falling seriously ill
- Vice President Pence could break modern record in tie-breaking Senate votes
- Doyel: Vice President Mike Pence uses Colts for political purposes
- Former Vice President Dick Cheney felt President George W. Bush stopped listening to him - report
- Vice President Clinton? Obama might not have a choice but to swap Biden for Hillary
Vice President offers incense in commemoration of Trung Sisters have 274 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.