“Napalm girl”Phan Thi Kim Phuc receives Germany’s Dresden Peace Prize for her work for peace. (Photo: AP) Berlin (VNA) – Phan Thi Kim Phuc, known as the “napalm girl” in an iconic photo taken during wartime in Vietnam in 1972, on February 11 received Germany’s Dresden Peace Prize for her work for peace. The 55-year-old woman was honoured for her support of UNESCO and children wounded in war, and for speaking out against violence and hatred. She received 10,000 euros (11,350 USD) in cash. Hoping to join efforts in building a better world to live, Phuc set up a fund in 2012, which has made significant contributions to the construction of schools, orphanages, and healthcare facilities worldwide. Library for children in her hometown, Trang Bang district, Tay Ninh province, is Phuc’s latest project. Phuc was nine years old when napalm bombs ravaged her village in 1972. The image of her running down the road in tears, naked and severely burned, was captured by Vietnamese-American Associated Press photographer Nick Ut, who won a Pulitzer Prize for the photo one year later. In 2015, she travelled to Miami to visit dermatologist, hoping to relive the aches and pains caused by the burns…. Read full this story
- Anti-sex trafficking advocates awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- Congolese doctor, Yazidi woman awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- South Korean President Moon: Trump ‘Should Win the Nobel Peace Prize’
- Who won the Nobel Peace Prize 2018, who won in past years and what did Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad do?
- From ‘fire and fury’ to peace prize? Some talk of a Nobel award for Trump on North Korea.
- Donald Trump's Nobel Peace Prize Candidacy Endorsed by Norwegian Lawmakers Citing 'Huge and Important' North Korea Meeting
- Donald Trump Nominated For The Nobel Peace Prize By House Republicans
- House Republicans send letter to Nobel committee, nominating Trump for Peace Prize
- Who Are Denis Mukwege, Nadia Murad? Nobel Peace Prize Winners Fought Sexual Violence
- Delingpole: Donald Trump Must Turn Down the Nobel Peace Prize
“Napalm girl” Kim Phuc awarded Dresden Peace Prize have 329 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.