Universal’s plan for a “Dark Universe” of films connecting all its monsters may be kaput, but there’s new life in the franchise with Leigh Whannell’s recently-announced Invisible Man project. And thanks to a new board game, you can soon build your own shared universe of monsters on your coffee table. Horrified: Universal Monsters comes with the tag line “The Stakes Have Been Raised,” which presumably also means literal the Invisible Man, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. (Sorry, Lon Chaney superfans, there’s no Phantom of the Opera or Quasimodo.) Advertisement A mini-sized posse of Universal horror all-stars is reason enough to pick up Horrified, but the Ravensburger release is first and foremost a strategy game, where 2-5 players (ages 10 and over) work together to take down each monster. While that basically means that players are the equivalent of pitchfork-and-torch-bearing villagers, the village in question is being plagued by seven iconic monsters, so you can kind of understand the need for creature-defeating teamwork. In the movies, the monsters usually have very good reasons for being pissed off—the Mummy’s trying to win back his long-lost love; the Creature doesn’t take kindly to scientists poking around his watery lair; the Bride… Read full this story
- Horrifying footage from Welsh puppy farms shows dogs languishing in cages surrounded by faeces without food or water - and one was found with a dead pup inside her
- Horrifying moment schoolgirl repeatedly punches a helpless woman who screams 'it wasn't me' as classmates egg the attacker on
- Labour MP Rosie Duffield reveals she was a domestic abuse victim in a 'moving and horrifying account' to Parliament
- Horrified woman, 86, almost eats a needle after finding it in pork slices she had bought from Coles
- Emmerdale: Fans are horrified as Nate Robinson reveals he's Cain Dingle's SON... as it means he's been having an affair with his stepmum Moira
- 'Just burning pain everywhere!' Severely scarred mom-of-four, 25, testifies at attempted murder trial about horrifying moment her ex-boyfriend 'doused her in gasoline and set her alight outside a Tim Hortons'
- Boy, 10, killed after being snatched from a boat by a saltwater crocodile in front of his horrified siblings
- Mother-of-two, 45, is horrified to discover her THYROID killed three of her babies - as she reveals how she was able to battle through the losses and have a healthy girl
- 'Dad stop the burning, I beg you': Horrifying footage reveals badly-burned Kurdish children in Syria amid claims Turkey is using banned weapons such as napalm and white phosphorus
- Chelsea millionaire describes single mother's flat as 'hell on earth', struggles to use a tin opener and is horrified by having to drink tap water as they swap lives on Rich House, Poor House
Horrified have 449 words, post on io9.gizmodo.com at February 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.