The US-North Korea summit is scheduled to be held in Hanoi on February 27-28 where Trump and Kim will have a meeting.
Noi Bai International Airport
Noi Bai International Airport has begun deploying the highest level of security for the event.
The airport has mobilised more than 800 staff to intensify the security on February 20-28.
Security officers will carry out random checks on any passengers as well as their luggage without the need to inform them in advance.
Passengers will be requested to keep closed eyes on their luggage even at public areas of the airport, and they will be also supervised by cameras and security staff.
Passengers will have to answer more questions about their private information when completing check-in procedures.
Food and drink services at the airport will face security checks.
- Lifestyle U.S., N.Korea flags fly in Vietnam’s Son Doong cave ahead of Trump-Kim summit Vietnam could have a lot of Women’s Days
- Lifestyle U.S., N.Korea flags fly in Vietnam’s Son Doong cave ahead of Trump-Kim summit Vietnamese bugbears
- Politics Inside the media center for Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi Distance is no match for this Vietnamese couple
- Politics Inside the media center for Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi Campaign held to promote self-confidence among Vietnamese youth
- Sports Vietnam’s Hanoi FC record tourney’s biggest win in AFC Cup opener PM says hosting Trump-Kim summit big success for Vietnam
- Sports Vietnam national team midfielder moves to Thai champions on loan Inside the media center for Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Sports Vietnam coach Park plots Japan upset at Asian Cup Inside the media center for Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Trump-Kim summit venue shows possibility of moving beyond conflict
- Sports Man City hit Chelsea for six as Aguero grabs hat-trick Preparations intensify for second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi
- Sports Asian Cup quarter-finals: four matches and a video ref Preparations intensify for second Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi