0 Have your say AN Edinburgh mum has told of her heartbreak after losing her son to an overdose of an anti-anxiety drug that is illegal in the UK. Scott McDermott was 35 when he died at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary after becoming addicted to Xanax, a Class C tranquilliser commonly prescribed in the United States for anxiety and panic disorders. But Xanax, also known as Alprazolam, is illegal in the UK and can only be obtained by private prescription or illegally over the internet or through a drug dealer. Anne McDermott told a Scottish morning radio show that her son, who had been a heroin user for 16 years prior to his death, died after becoming addicted to what she believed were counterfeit pills.She said: “Unfortunately Scott died partly because of Xanax – he became addicted to them very quickly.“He started taking them in October 2017 and unfortunately died in January 2018. “They were very addictive tablets – he went two times a day to get them and they’re not proper Xanax, they’re manufactured wherever and they’re sent here via the internet or a drug courier. He bought them from someone in Edinburgh.”Across the UK, around 204 deaths have… Read full this story
- The Dark Side of Prescription Drugs
- How to Recognize Prescription Drug Abuse
- Psychiatric Child Drugging - Another Fatality?
- Insomnia Treatment For You?
- Marijuana No Longer the Primary Problem? - Your Kids May Now Be Abusing Prescription Drugs
- SOS - Save Our Seniors
- BBC 100 Women 2019: Who is on the list this year?
- Free Real Estate, No Money Down
Grieving Edinburgh mum warns of counterfeit pill dangers after son dies from Xanax overdose have 255 words, post on www.scotsman.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.