PEOPLE with the bull’s eye rash that is associated with Lyme disease can now be diagnosed with the condition using clinical assessment alone, experts say. Patients will no longer be required to have blood tests to be diagnosed with Lyme. The disease, which affects a host of celebs including Bella and Yolanda Hadid, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Osbourne, Shania Twain, Alec Baldwin, and Ben Stiller, tends to be spread by infected ticks. Most people develop a distinctive red rash (called erythema migrans) which is the shape of a circle with a ring around it, between three and 30 days after they were bitten. The rash can vary in size significantly and can expand over the course of days or weeks. Typically, this blemish grows to around 15cm in diameter. The faster the disease is diagnosed, the sooner the risk of developing further symptoms. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) says that by diagnosing the illness based on the rash, patients may be saved vital time. The rash is present in approximately two-thirds of all cases and usually appears in one to four weeks following a tick bite. Lyme antibodies don’t appear in the blood, however, for up to… Read full this story
- New York Health Official Warns of Potential Lyme Disease Spike
- Health watchdog urges to quarantine monkeypox suspected case in Dak Lak
- Do you get pain in your jaw? It could be a sign of heart disease, warns health body
- Hematochezia one of the key signs of bowel cancer, warns GP - 'should not be ignored'
- 'Keep an eye on' three popular foods that can lead to 'vision loss', warns expert
- Poor quality sleep can lead to irreversible sight loss, says new study - millions at risk
- Vaping just as bad as cigarettes claims study - two together 'could increase health risks'
- Stroke patients could experience nystagmus - ‘rapid’ and ‘uncontrolled’ eye movements
- Prostate cancer symptoms: What’s waking you up in the night? Sign of the deadly disease
- Feeling blue? Skin drier than usual? How cold winter weather causes hidden health issues to erupt
Bull’s eye rash is key sign of Lyme disease, leading health watchdog tells doctors have 340 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.