What to expect from 5G in 2019, according to GSMA Watch Now Although 5G is being heavily marketed as a new technology, it’s neither particularly new nor a single technology. If mobile technology were a long-running TV series, 5G is a mid-season reboot, with new characters introduced alongside the old, new plot arcs complementing existing storylines, and a publicity drive that rather overstates the case. However, the possibilities for future development are much enhanced. There have been three major new generations of mobile technology: 2G replaced analogue with digital; 3G began the switch to data-centric networking; and 4G completed that move. 5G has three main focuses — mobile networking, IoT, and very high-performance industrial control — of which mobile networking will be the most important for most people over the next few years, and which is best thought of as a continuation of 4G’s Long Term Evolution (LTE) under a new flag. Indeed, this stage of 5G is known as NSA (Non Stand Alone) as it will run alongside and interoperate with existing LTE networks. SA (Stand Alone) comes later. Which is not to say that there aren’t significant innovations in 5G. While the 5G standardisation process covers core network… Read full this story
- Key telecom developments in 2021: Spectrum auction, wired broadband and 5G launch
- Is 5G making you sick? Probably not
- BT picks Nokia to replace Huawei equipment in EE's 2G and 4G mobile networks and expand its 5G footprint across the UK
- Ericsson inks 5G deal with Ooredoo Group
- Europe plots catch-up in global 5G race to drive Covid-19 recovery
- Meet Qualcomm's X60, the modem that will power 5G phones in 2021
- Japanese telco Rakuten says collaboration with Jio on 5G possible; wants India to develop telecom supply chain
- The importance of 5G for Vietnam
- Nashville bomber was paranoid about it but how did the crazy theory that 5G spreads Covid rip across the globe - spurred on by TikTok, David Icke, an anti-vaxxer nurse and Jeremy Corbyn's brother?
- Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea to push DoT to release new 5G spectrum band
5G New Radio: The technical background have 336 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.