(CNN)First things first: The theme song of the week is the theme song to Saved by the Bell composed by Scott Gayle. Poll of the week: A Gallup poll out this week finds that 51% of self-identified Democrats call themselves liberal. This is a record high percentage of Democrats calling themselves liberal since Gallup began tracking this statistic in 1994. What’s the point: Potential 2020 Democratic contenders seem to be falling over themselves to be seen as the most progressive. This group includes those who were always very liberal such as Elizabeth Warren and those who were more moderate a decade ago like Kirsten Gillibrand. This data indicates that moving to the left may not be such a bad idea if someone wants to win the nomination. Moreover, it’s not the only piece of data to suggest that Democratic voters think of themselves as far more liberal than they used to be. Read More This 2018 exit poll found that 27% of all voters identified as liberal. That’s the highest percentage since exit polls first asked about ideology. Among those who voted for a Democratic House candidate (this includes some independents), about 46% said they were liberal. When Democrats won… Read full this story
- Democrats Must Be More Ruthless — When They Actually Have Power
- Pinkerton: What Democrats Worried About Biden Can Learn from the 1944 Election
- Joe Biden, Democrat Leaders Suggest Canceling Nominating Convention
- Why Can’t Bernie Accept That Democratic Voters Didn’t Want Him?
- Joe Cool? Biden Is Trying Hard to Be the Fun Uncle
- Orange County, longtime GOP stronghold, now has more registered Democrats than Republicans
- 'I tell you with absolute confidence, we are going to win,' Bernie Sanders launches withering personal attacks on his Democratic rivals after Joe Biden racks up wins in Super Tuesday contests
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Rural governors tell Trump they're struggling to get supplies
- Has Joe Biden wrapped up the Democratic presidential contest? Will the November election be canceled?
- Joe Biden wins South Carolina Democratic primary – as Sanders takes hit and Trump mocks ‘mini Mike’ Bloomberg’s result
Why Democrats may go hard left in 2020 have 346 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.