New Zealand football great Wynton Rufer says he’s “lucky to be alive” after suffering a heart attack while riding a Lime scooter. In an exclusive interview with the Herald on Sunday from hospital, the All Whites player has thanked the stranger who leapt from his car to perform lifesaving CPR for five minutes, while warning others to get regular heart checks. Rufer said his heart simply stopped without warning a week ago on January 6. “The crazy thing is I felt nothing and just collapsed. Imagine if I was driving down the motorway – I could have passed out and had a head-on and killed myself or someone else.” Having enjoyed watching the New Zealand Breakers at Spark Arena with a friend, the pair had set off home to Parnell on Lime scooters. But as they headed up Parnell Rise, Rufer (56) passed out and crashed to the ground, luckily avoiding hitting his head. His friend Florian Wellman’s frantic screams for help brought passerby Nick Moss running. The 35-year-old, who completed a first aid course three months earlier, told the Herald on Sunday, he saw Rufer prone on the pavement as he was driving past and jumped out of his… Read full this story
- Iowa basketball manager saved by athletic trainer after having heart attack during team practice
- Larry King, 83, Reveals Secret Lung Cancer Surgery: 'I Was Lucky'
- Why spearfisherman who lost his right leg in shark attack that nearly killed him now fights to SAVE the predators from culls and drum lines
- 'Happy-go-lucky' woman, 23, dies after mix of drugs and alcohol at house party
- Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas to undergo heart operation and will miss Royal Wedding as he blames son for heart scare after open letter to Prince Harry
- Last Battle of Britain 'ace' pilot Paul Farnes dies, leaving only two alive from 'The Few' who defended Britain against the Nazis' air attack in 1940
- Why election losers cry from the heart
- Don’t abandon your homes, Useni charges survivals of Plateau attacks
- Don’t abandon your homes, Useni charges survivors of Plateau attacks
- The night I woke to find I was being attacked by the world's worst rapist – and finally brought him to justice: How Peter was drugged by the sex attacker who raped 195 men
Rufer 'lucky to be alive' after heart attack have 369 words, post on www.odt.co.nz at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.