|Party Chief and President Nguyen Phu Trong, his spouse, and Overseas Vietnamese perform a ritual of releasing carps into Hoan Kiem Lake.|
For Vietnamese, Tet (Lunar New Year festival) has actually begun with the “Ong Cong – Ong Tao” (Land Genie and Kitchen Gods) ceremony on the 23rd of the last month of the lunar year, which falls on January 28 this year.
As the gods make their journey on the back of fish, it is traditional to release live carps into lakes or rivers, which is considered a kindhearted deed to pray for good luck.
After the ritual, the Party and State leader talked with Overseas Vietnamese, asking them to stay united to weather difficulties, integrate into their host countries, and preserve the national identity. He sent the best wishes to all Overseas Vietnamese and their families on the occasion of the Lunar New Year festival.
- Win 7 Launch: Early Adopters Eager to Bid Farewell to XP
- Serra grad bids farewell to local USTA tournament
- Chennaiyin FC bid farewell to fan favourite Mailson Alves
- State finally releases kidnapped homeschool children after months in captivity
- Hazard bids farewell to ‘special’ Chelsea in classy goodbye
- Prince Harry Gets Marriage Proposal As He Bids Farewell To Australia
- Bruce Jenner To Bid Farewell To His Masculine Self
- Liverpool sign Adrian as Mignolet bids farewell to fans
- Felix Hernandez bids farewell to his Mariners kingdom
- DNR finds, tags silver carp in the St. Croix River