The owner of a guest house that was hoping to fill the void left by the closure of pubs for this year’s Haxey Hood has reacted with anger after being told that her venue will not be allowed to open. The Stanholme Guest House in Haxey had planned to open this Saturday after it was announced that three pubs in the village will all be closed this weekend for the ancient game which is normally contested between four pubs in Haxey and neighbouring Westwoodside. But in an angry Facebook post, owner Debbie Innes-Embleton has blasted those who have thwarted the plan saying: “Good luck to those that enjoy playing the system, You win. Hope you sleep well.”READ MORE: Haxey Hood to go ahead despite just one of four pubs taking partThis year’s annual game will still go-ahead as planned on Saturday – but only the Carpenters Arms in Westwoodside is expected to be open for business.The Loco, Duke William and Kings Arms, which are all in Haxey, are all expected to be closed.The game – which dates from 1359 – has faced a testing twelve months after a controversial plan to knock down the Duke William and replace it with houses was submitted shortly after last… Read full this story
- Kirby Ice House owner forced to shut down new bar after one week
- Checked on check in! Luxury hotels will temperature scan guests for signs of fever when they reopen on Super Saturday as part of measures to tackle coronavirus
- Maryland bar owner claims employees won't return to work because they get more money from coronavirus relief aid - as unemployment rate hits 14.7%
- Coronavirus: Hope in the science of 'superspreaders'
- Coronavirus latest: WHO warns pandemic 'not even close' to being over
- 5 things to know for May 29: George Floyd, Twitter, task force, Pennsylvania, economy
- FMIA: Anger, Apologies And Videos Gone Viral—Inside The Three Days That Sparked Major Shift In The NFL
- FMIA Guest: Joe Browne Looks Back At AFL-NFL Merger, 50 Years Later
- Can the Summer Box Office Be Saved? Hollywood Hinges Its Hopes on 'Tenet' and 'Mulan'
- ‘There’s Got to Be a Way’: Concert Venues Continue to Face Hardship, Optimism Amid COVID
‘Hope you sleep well:’ Guest house owner’s anger after another Haxey Hood venue forced to close have 358 words, post on www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk at January 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.