With the victory, Vietnam were the first to book their place in the last eight of the AFC Asian Cup 2019.
The streets to Hanoi’s centre crowded with people cheering and waving the flags of Vietnam as well as the flags with coach Park Hang Seo images.
Thousands of people gathered around the Hoan Kiem Lake to celebrate the victory of the national football team.
Hang Bai Street was covered with red flags, a familiar scene which was seen recently when Vietnam won and became the Southeast Asian champions last December.
The same scene was seen in Ho Chi Minh City and many other provinces nation-wide. This picture shows people celebrating the victory on Dien Bien Phu Street in Ho Chi Minh City’s Binh Thanh District. Photo by Nhan Dan
Fans in Dong Nai Province. Photo by Nhan Dan
In Dak Lak Province. Photo by Nhan Dan
- No big upsets in group phase of Asian Cup
- Bundesliga players at the Asian Cup haven't forgotten Germany
- Asian Cup to kick off in Qatar
- Mixed experiences at the first week of the Asian Cup in Qatar
- U.S. stunned by France in World Cup quarterfinals
- Bundesliga teams coast to German Soccer Cup quarterfinals
- Fan violence flares up again in Greek Cup game
- St Etienne’s game against Lyon suspended after fans flood onto pitch and start fighting
- East Timor expelled from the 2023 Asian Cup for handing TWELVE Brazilian players fake birth certificates
- True Fans Prepare for a Peaceful German World Cup