Two large portraits hang in the boardroom of the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation. In one oil painting, George Eccles wears a dark teal suit over a white-collar dress shirt. He is seated, fingers of his hands intertwined in his lap. His Texas-born wife, Dolores — “Lolie” to friends and family — is in the other frame looking like a true Southern belle in an elegant baby blue dress, with a draped neckline and a short strand of pearls around her neck. Their expressions are serious and businesslike. When Spence Eccles, the couple’s nephew, looks up at the two from his seat as chairman and CEO of the foundation that bears their name, he knows they are watching. They are, he said, a constant reminder of the “huge and humbling” responsibility he feels running one of the state’s largest charitable foundations. “I don’t want to do anything that would be displeasing to George and Lolie,” the 84-year-old Eccles said of his aunt and uncle, who, in 1958, put their massive banking fortune into a fund they hoped would enhance the quality of life in Utah for generations to come. George and Lolie need not worry. Their investment has… Read full this story
- Three Ways Small Businesses Should Prepare For A Second Covid Shutdown
- 50 photos of the sports world showing support for Black lives
- Living with a short sleep gene: 'It's a gift'
- Four different people facing the same problems: What it's really like to live on Newstart
- Small-Business Loan Program, Chaotic From Start, Gets 2nd Round
- The One Thing You May Overlook When Considering Your Professional Legacy
- Biden to mark Tulsa massacre as US confronts legacy of racist violence
- Jupiter’s Legacy Trailer Sets Up Netflix’s Next Superhero Series From Mark Millar
- Wannabe is 25. This is the Spice Girls' enduring legacy
- 50 Moments That Defined Tech This Decade
Six decades and more than $600M later, the Eccles legacy of giving lives on, benefiting groups large and small across Utah have 303 words, post on www.sltrib.com at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.