A number of visitors braved cold weather and light rain to participate in the second ‘Day of Pho’ in Hanoi on Wednesday. Day of Pho, or Pho Day (December 12), was an event held by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper in celebration of the iconic Vietnamese dish which has won over diners worldwide. Following the inaugural event in Ho Chi Minh City in 2017, this year’s Pho Day was organized at AEON MALL Long Bien in Hanoi, the widely accepted ‘birthplace’ of pho. By 9:00 am, popular pho stores and brands in the Vietnamese city, including Thin Bo Ho, Vuong, Hung Ben, and Hai Thien had already had their booths at the event ready, with all ingredients, from slices of beef and noodles to the vegetables pho is served with and the herbs needed to prepare its unique broth. Located just opposite these booths were those displaying pho spices and herbs and a special area showcasing the process of making a bowl of pho. A small exhibition on the process to make pho. Photo: Nam Tran / Tuoi Tre Visitors were captivated by not only the colorful scene created by the white noodles, red beef, and green vegetables, but also the pleasant scents of star anise… Read full this story
- Britain's VERY high-price homes: £25.5million Belgravia 11-bedroom mansion was among London's most expensive sales last year while Birmingham property went for £4.7m and Bristol house topped £3.6m
- What’s the rush? COVID-19 scare restores Vietnam’s Hoi An to pre-tourism calm
- Vietnam recognizes First Full Moon Festival as national intangible cultural heritage
- 7th COVID-19 patient, a Chinese, walks out of hospital, thanks Vietnam doctors
- For the first time ever, you can take home a bottle of Pliny the Younger
- Ho Chi Minh City 'ao dai' fest commences with colorful opening stage
- Vietnamese six-packed boys ‘a sight for sore eyes’ in Saigon park
- Vietnamese doctors trek through forest to vaccinate far-flung villagers
- How do people living in the tropics stand the hot, humid climate?
- Constant use of disinfectant spray required at HCMC-based transport hubs
Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos have 332 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.