Maria Puente USA TODAY Published 10:23 AM EST Dec 20, 2018 A New York judge has ruled that the sexual assault case against disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein can move forward. After a brief conversation with lawyers on both sides, Judge James Burke declined to dismiss any of the remaining charges against Weinstein. Defense attorney Benjamin Brafman had filed multiple motions to get the case tossed, alleging that feuding Manhattan prosecutors and police detectives tainted the grand jury proceeding by failing to disclose exculpatory information to the defense and hiding evidence that contradicted what the three accusers said Weinstein did to them. As he left the courthouse, Brafman called the judge’s decision a “technical ruling on the law” and told reporters that he remains confident that Weinstein will be “completely exonerated.” (Weinstein has consistently denied all allegations of non-consensual sex.) Prosecutors say there’s ample evidence to move forward to trial. In May, Weinstein was arrested, indicted twice and charged with raping a woman he knew in a hotel room in March 2013 and forcibly performing oral sex on another woman in 2006 at his Manhattan apartment. He denies all allegations of non-consensual sex. He pleaded not guilty, was released on $1 million bail, and restricted to his… Read full this story
- Harvey Weinstein's conviction appeal: 5-judge panel hears oral arguments
- Harvey Weinstein Trial: Second Formal Accuser Describes Alleged Sexual Assaults – Update
- Harvey Weinstein could be headed for retrial due to 'incredibly prejudicial testimony'
- Here’s Why Justice May Demand That Harvey Weinstein Goes Free
- Harvey Weinstein Could Go Free, as Appeals Court Casts Doubt on His Conviction
- Scientology’s secrets spill into open in Danny Masterson rape case
- Appellate judges raise doubts about Weinstein's conviction
- Appeals court raises doubts about Weinstein’s conviction
- Ghislaine Maxwell trial raises the question: Are enablers criminally liable?
- Did Rose McGowan really call the #MeToo movement bull****?
Harvey Weinstein sexual-assault case can go to trial, judge rules have 300 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at December 20, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.