More than 900 Americans died every week from opioid-related overdoses in 2017. Every American community, big or small, has experienced the epidemic’s merciless, corrosive advance across our cities and towns. It is human tragedy, a family tragedy, and a national crisis. The issue is complicated by the fact that tens of thousands of Americans need prescription pain medications for legitimate medical reasons. Pharmaceutical companies have been innovative in creating potent opioid based medicines and they were, and remain, rewarded with successful sales.Some patients, however, abuse legitimate drugs, lie to treating physicians, and illegally sell otherwise lawful drugs. But the real problem is not from frazzled doctors, bad patients or bad medicine. The overwhelming source of the problem is cheap but powerful drugs coming in from Mexico by way of China. There is another core contributor to the problem that isn’t as widely known: the river of illegal aliens surging across our porous borders. As former LA Times reporter Sam Quinones’ award-winning book, Dreamland: The True Story of America’s Opioid Epidemic recounts, just as standards for the prescription of oxycodone and other painkillers were being tightened, a group of largely illegal Mexican immigrants from Xalisco, in the Mexican state of Nayarit,… Read full this story
- U.S. budget deals grants $1.5 bln for opioid-addicted babies, families
- More states sue opioid maker alleging deceptive marketing
- How do we decide who is a boffin and who is a freeloader in Boris Johnson’s immigration scheme?
- Brandon Judd: To combat coronavirus we must reduce illegal immigration – Supreme Court help is vital
- California border officers find man hidden inside seat of car in act of ‘inhumane’ smuggling
- Border Officials Find Man Hidden Inside The Seat Of A Vehicle
- Illegal immigrants are voting in California and 'it's going to happen in your state soon': Tomi Lahren
- EXCLUSIVE: 'It's not as horrifying or torturous as people might think.' American art teacher quarantined in China tells how he's isolated in a 'comfortable' hotel room where he's fed three meals a day, watches movies and reports to doctors via WeChat
- Exclusive — Behind the Scenes with John Boehner’s Worst Nightmare: Mark Meadows Launches Mission to Fix Broken Congress
- We must take care of our personal hygiene to save Britain from coronavirus epidemic
Exclusive – Immigration: The Hidden Driver of the Opioid Epidemic have 367 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.