HANOI — A Vietnamese court on Friday ordered ride-hailing firm Grab to pay 4.8 billion dong ($206,985) in compensation to a local taxi operator, ending an 18-month-long legal battle between the two firms, a Grab spokesman and state media reports said. The case is a rare instance of a taxi firm suing a ride-hailing rival over profit losses. Vietnam Sun Corp, better known as Vinasun, was awarded just over 11 percent of the 41.2 billion dong in compensation it was seeking over what it said were Grab’s unfair business practices. A Grab spokesman confirmed to Reuters that the company had been ordered by the court to pay the compensation, but declined to give further details. Vinasun did not respond to requests for comment. The verdict found Grab violated Vietnamese regulations because it operates as a taxi company, and not just as a technology firm, the Tuoi Tre newspaper reported. The judge presiding over the case also said there was a link between the operations of Grab and Vinasun’s losses in revenue, but said Grab was not the only factor behind that decrease, the report said. Grab said in a statement earlier this week that Vinasun needed to “evolve and transform”… Read full this story
- Asanzo files lawsuit against Tuoi Tre newspaper over origins of products
- Grab to pay Vinasun $210,300
- Vietnamese woman claims 15-year-old brother is the 'youngest victim' of migrant truck tragedy and died in 'bid to be reuninted with his parents who are both illegally living in Britain'
- Vietnamese seafood firms’ profits drag on weak exports
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News - October 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- Compensation for broadband users goes live
- 2018 to be good year for wood products export
- Airbnb to list shares next year
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
Business Grab ordered to pay compensation to Vietnamese taxi firm 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos have 285 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.