Russia said it deployed its new frigate with long-range Kalibr cruise missiles to the Mediterranean Sea on Monday, a few months after Moscow had reinforced its naval forces off Syrian coast.”The Black Sea Navy Fleet’s frigate Admiral Makarov left [Navy base] Sevastopol and laid a course for the Black Sea straits. The vessel will be acting in the standing naval force of the Russian fleet in the Mediterranean,” the Russian Defense Ministry said in statement.Russia has in the past fired Kalibr cruise missiles from frigates and submarines stationed in the Mediterranean Sea at militant targets to support Syrian army offensives. The ministry did not say whether the frigate was supposed to take part in the military operation in Syria where Moscow has backed President Bashar Assad since entering the war in 2015.President Vladimir Putin said in May that Russian military vessels with Kalibr cruise missiles would be on permanent standby in the Mediterranean to counter what he said was the terrorist threat in Syria.Russia deployed several warships to the Mediterranean this summer, including the Admiral Grigorovich, Admiral Essen and Pytlivy frigates, along with landing ship Nikolai Filchenkov and the Vishny Volochek missile corvette.The Izvestia newspaper said in August that Russia… Read full this story
- Nuclear Submarine Fires Off Cruise Missile in Russia’s Northwest
- Taiwan eyes further U.S. arms purchases with new anti-ship missile
- Trump’s New Space Force Missile Might Be Too ‘Super-Duper’
- Sneak peek of new Saga cruise ship Spirit of Discovery's swanky suites
- Keeping Up With the Kalibrs: Can the US’s New Cruise Missile Beat Russia’s?
- US Developing New Drones, Long-Range Cruise Missile in Response to Russia
- Destroyer-fired Navy lasers will soon destroy attacking cruise missiles
- Houthis Claim Cruise Missile Strikes Saudi Power Station in Jizan Province - Report
- Helping Hand: Russia Sends Two Amphibious Planes to Battle Wildfires in Israel
- Russia’s New Reconnaissance Satellite to Reach Orbit in Early 2018 - Reports
Russia Sends New Frigate With Cruise Missiles to Mediterranean have 325 words, post on themoscowtimes.com at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.